[Asterisk-Users] Solution for 12 to 16 FXO to asterisk connection

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 19:27:06 MST 2005

Hi, today a customer asked how to use asterisk with 12 to 16 FXO
ports. I can use a channel bank with 16 FXO ports and connect the
channel bank with a T1 cable to a T1 card in the Asterisk Server.
Asterisk will then send the calls to the Voip provider over the
internet.

However a 16 fxo port channel bank is about USD 1500 + a t1 card USD
500 + a USD 1000 computer = 3 thousand us dollars + my installation
fees (life isn't free).

Sounds expensive for such a small install.

Suggestions?