[Asterisk-Users] MAX PRI for single server (was: Not enough lines available for Asterisk implemetation)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Sep 8 07:32:57 MST 2005

On Thursday 08 September 2005 10:26, Simone Cittadini wrote:
> Is it true ?
> My boss is just asking me if it is possible to stuck 4* TE411P in a
> single server, for a total of 480 lines, someone can assure me it is
> possible/impossible (manageable/unmanageable) from real-life experience ?

Don't do it.  The most I've seen in any RELIABLE setup is two TE4xx cards in a
decent server.

Why would you want that many calls terminating on a single box anyway?  Why
not use two or three boxes to spread the load out and also reduce the chance
of a problem on a box taking out your ENTIRE communications network?

-A.