[Asterisk-Users] Transfer calls from cellphone

Arnar Birgisson arnarb at oddi.is
Thu Sep 8 01:26:57 MST 2005

Hello,

Avaya has a nice feature that allows you to

a) ring both a cellphone and a desktop phone at the same time
b) transfer calls (and access other PBX features) from the cellphone that recieved the call, as long as the call is bridged through the PBX
c) while talking on the cellphone, pick up the handset on your desktop phone and the call is automatically moved there, hanging up the cellphone conversation

I have a PRI from my Telco. I have already figured out how to implement feature a) with *, but are b and c possible?

Also, I would probably be using a channelbank to reuse old analog telephones and connect analog fax-machines to the PBX. I.e.

PSTN

PRI

TDM Card
 |  |
 |  Channel Bank

Asterisk

LAN

How much do I need to worry about echo? Should I consider the Digum TE411P for the extra $1000?

Arnar