[Asterisk-Users] IAXy - no dailtone

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Sep 7 22:49:51 MST 2005

On Thu, September 8, 2005 0:11, Jimmy said:
> I have a brand new IAXy I'm playing with.  I do not get a dialtone on
> the phone, or any response at ll on the phone.  No sound, no dialing, no
> ringing.  The phone and wire are tested and known to be good. I think I
> have it setup correctly.  When I give the iaxprov command I get this:
>
> #iaxyprov 192.168.1.90 iaxy.conf
> 02:
>         c0 a8 01 5a
That's 192.168.1.90, looks good!
> 05:
>         11 d9
> 03:
>         ff ff ff 00
That's 255.255.255.0, looks good too!
> 04:
>         c0 a8 01 7d
That's 192.168.1.125, still looks good!
> 0d:
>         00 00 00 04
> 0f:
>         c0 a8 01 c7
That's 192.168.1.199, still looks even better!
> 10:
>         11 d9
> 06:
>         69 61 78 79
That's 'iaxy', good!
> 07:
>         70 61 73 73 77 6f 72 64
That's 'password', still good!
> 0c:
>         00 00 00 01
> Provisioning is 60 bytes
> Total packet is 74 bytes
> Got response back from '192.168.1.90'

Looks like the iaxy is configured conform the iaxy.conf info...

> Here is my iaxy.conf:
> ;
> ; IAXY Provisioning description
> ;
> ;dhcp
> ip: 192.168.1.90
> netmask: 255.255.255.0
> gateway: 192.168.1.125
> codec: ulaw
> ;codec: adpcm
> server: 192.168.1.199
> ;altserver: 192.168.0.2
> user: iaxy
> pass: password
> register
> ;heartbeat
> ;debug
> ;
> ; Feature tuning (default is all enabled)
> ;
> ;disablecid
> ;disablecw
> ;disablecidcw
> ;disable3way
>

> The IP addresses here are all correct.
>
> Here's the relevant portion of iax.conf:
>
> [iaxy]
> type=friend
> user=iaxy
> host=dynamic
> secret=password
> context=incoming
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> callerid="My IAXy" <(555) 555-1234>
> trunk=no
>
> The BLUE light on the IAXy is lit.  The ORANGE light blinks about once
> every 7 seconds.  I can dial this extension from another phone, and the
> ORANGE light blinks rapidly while the phone should be ringing, but it
> doesn't ring.  And, as I stated earlier, the phone has no response at
> all.  No dialtone, no dialing, no ringing.

I'd almost suspect it is defective or lacking sufficient power... You
*have* used the supplied PSU?

> Have I missed something obvious?  Is there some other test I can try?

Not that I know of... You could try dialling from the connected phone even
though there is no dial tone... It could also be that the telephone you
are using is defective or wired in a non-standard way...

When the led blinks quickly, will you get a connection when you pick it
up? What do the leds do when you pick up the phone?

> Thanks in advance for any input.
>
> Jimmy Madden

Good luck!

--