[Asterisk-Users] IAXy - no dailtone

Jimmy jimmy at hservinc.org
Wed Sep 7 15:11:29 MST 2005

I have a brand new IAXy I'm playing with.  I do not get a dialtone on
the phone, or any response at ll on the phone.  No sound, no dialing, no
ringing.  The phone and wire are tested and known to be good. I think I
have it setup correctly.  When I give the iaxprov command I get this:

#iaxyprov 192.168.1.90 iaxy.conf
02:
        c0 a8 01 5a
05:
        11 d9
03:
        ff ff ff 00
04:
        c0 a8 01 7d
0d:
        00 00 00 04
0f:
        c0 a8 01 c7
10:
        11 d9
06:
        69 61 78 79
07:
        70 61 73 73 77 6f 72 64
0c:
        00 00 00 01
Provisioning is 60 bytes
Total packet is 74 bytes
Got response back from '192.168.1.90'

Here is my iaxy.conf:
;
; IAXY Provisioning description
;
;dhcp
ip: 192.168.1.90
netmask: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.125
codec: ulaw
;codec: adpcm
server: 192.168.1.199
;altserver: 192.168.0.2
user: iaxy
pass: password
register
;heartbeat
;debug
;
; Feature tuning (default is all enabled)
;
;disablecid
;disablecw
;disablecidcw
;disable3way

The IP addresses here are all correct.

Here's the relevant portion of iax.conf:

[iaxy]
type=friend
user=iaxy
host=dynamic
secret=password
context=incoming
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
callerid="My IAXy" <(555) 555-1234>
trunk=no

The BLUE light on the IAXy is lit.  The ORANGE light blinks about once
every 7 seconds.  I can dial this extension from another phone, and the
ORANGE light blinks rapidly while the phone should be ringing, but it
doesn't ring.  And, as I stated earlier, the phone has no response at
all.  No dialtone, no dialing, no ringing.

Have I missed something obvious?  Is there some other test I can try?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jimmy Madden