[Asterisk-Users] Re: ztcfg Kills My Dial Tone [solved]

Shaw Terwilliger sterwill at sourcegear.com
Wed Sep 7 18:24:09 MST 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 11:50:28AM -0500, Shaw Terwilliger wrote:
> Right after I reboot, and modprobe wct4xxp, my analog phone connected
> to port 13 of the first channel bank (first FXS port) gets a dial tone.
> Asterisk is not running yet, and I have NOT run ztcfg.

I've solved my own problem, with a little help from Rhino (and some
poking around).  I think my problem was that an older version of the wct4xxp
module was sitting around in the kernel's module dirctory, so I had
an inconsistency between the userspace tools and the kernel drivers.

Also, I had my signalling misconfigured the first time I brought up
the channel banks, and even though I had corrected this in zaptel.conf,
I had to tell the channel banks to "Auto T1" themselves.  Now I get
nice, strong dial tones on my FXS interfaces, and my FXO interfaces
happily listen to POTS lines.

--
Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill at sourcegear.com>
SourceGear LLC