[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with Vonage problems

Adrian A adrianvoip at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:16:54 MST 2005

Does anyone currently use Vonage with Asterisk? I've tried to set it up but
it looks like Asterisk (at least the version that I have) does not handle
well the SIP call dialog, sending a BYE with the wrong tag. As a result,
when I hang up, Vonage sends back a 400 Bad Request and the call on the PSTN
side does not hang up.
I know that Vonage does a lot of nasty stuff which impacts UA's but Xten
Eyebeam handles it correctly at least. I have tried pedantic=yes but no
difference.
Here is the sip.conf and the BYE dialog with numbers replaced:

[vonage]
type=friend
secret=<pass>
username=<no>
host=sphone.vopr.vonage.net <http://sphone.vopr.vonage.net>
dtmfmode=rfc2833
port=5061
fromuser=<no>
fromdomain=sphone.vopr.vonage.net <http://sphone.vopr.vonage.net>
canreinvite=no
context=context
insecure=very

BYE sip:(PSTN Number)@216.115.20.171:5060 <http://216.115.20.171:5060>SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP (Asterisk IP):5070;branch=z9hG4bK1dc3ea2d
Route: <sip:(PSTN Number)@216.115.20.171:5060 <http://216.115.20.171:5060>>
From: "Adrian" <sip:(Vonage
No)@sphone.vopr.vonage.net<http://sphone.vopr.vonage.net>