[Asterisk-Users] Speaking of Polycom phones...updated ROM: ouch!

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Wed Sep 7 12:18:26 MST 2005

At 16:16 9/6/2005 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
>On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 17:41 -0500, Doug wrote:
> > After I did this, it appears that the Web interface
> > for the phone won't change the settings, nor will
> > it actually reboot the phone now.  What do I have
> > to set on the phone itself, so I can update info
> > in the Web interface, and then restart the phone?
> >

>What you need to do is 'clear local config' before you start making
>changes.
>
>Menu -> Settings -> Advanced ( -> password ) -> Admin Settings -> Reset
>to Default -> Reset Local Config
>
>Once you've done that and rebooted, you should be able to make your
>changes through web or on the phone itself.

Hey Jesse,

Thanks for the advice.  It worked like charm.  Now
I can set fields in the Web interface, and reboot.

However, now I can't seem to the phone to register.
Have you seen this before?

I again followed instructions here:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Polycom+SoundPoint+IP+501

Would you be willing to save and zip up your config
pages for the phone and Asterisk for me to compare
with mine?

http://192.168.2.5/netConf.htm
http://192.168.2.5/appConf.htm
http://192.168.2.5/reg.htm
http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx/admin/config.php?display=3&extdisplay=10100

In the boot log, it shows something like:

"xxxxx...xxxx.cfg could not be downloaded.  Getting next file..."

That file does not exist on the TFTP server.  Is this a
problem?

Also, in the boot log it shows DNS referring to 192.168.2.1,
even though it's setup properly at the phone and its
corresponding Web interface.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!