[Asterisk-Users] How to connect many analog lines to Asterisk?

Josip Gracin gracin at tel.fer.hr
Wed Sep 7 09:11:25 MST 2005

Darren Wright wrote:
> Wow, first of all, if you have a hundred analog lines, you are doing
> yourself a disservice.....a 4 T1's would be much much cheaper, and much
> easier to manage.

Let me clear this up a little bit.  There are hundreds of telephone
devices inside the building, all connected to a PBX, and there is an
E1/T1 connection to the PSTN (being statistically multiplexed,
obviously).  What I'd like to do is to replace the PBX with Asterisk.

I don't see how I can make the situation better by using 4 T1's?

> Anyway, for 100 analog lines, I'd get 3 adit 600 channel banks and fill
> them with FXO cards, and then buy 1 TE406 Quad T1 card for your asterisk
> box.

Thanks, I think that's what I need.