[Asterisk-Users] ArtDio IPF-2000 unable to send audio to Cisco 7940 until placed on hold and resumed

Michael Coburn mcoburn at midwesttechnical.net
Wed Sep 7 09:08:18 MST 2005

The issue appears to be between the Cisco 7940 and the ArtDio IPF-2000,
when a call is initiated between these phones the ArtDio phone receives
the audio stream fine from the Cisco, but the Cisco can't hear anything
from the ArtDio, until the Cisco user places the call on hold and then
picks the line back up.  When the Cisco user places the call on hold,
music streams fine from the server to the ArtDio and is played.
Incoming/outgoing calls through the Asterisk server with the PSTN
network are flawless with either the ArtDio or Cisco phone, and calls
between ArtDio-only or Cisco-only are flawless.  What gives??

I tried setting specific audio codecs in sip.conf for each phone with
disallow=all and then allow=ulaw, I set the SIP<MAC>.cnf file for the
Cisco phone to be 711u as the preferred codec, and through the web
interface configured the ArtDio to use 711u as it's preferred codec, to
no avail.  I tcpdump'ed the data during the call and set the ArtDio
phone to use RTP port and Control ports within the 17000 - 32000 range
(SIP<mac>.cnf sets the Cisco phones to use ports dynamically from this
range, based on tcpdump analysis) We're using Asterisk 1.0.9 (Xorcom
Rapid 1.1 latest release).

I can post further configuration files if required.  Any pointers would
be much appreciated!

--

Michael Coburn

Network Solutions Manager