[Asterisk-Users] Eeven Stranger - Asterisk BT100 Password Issue

Flobi flobi.com at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 06:02:26 MST 2005

I always get an unable to read password error if I hang up without
entering a password when prompted.  Maybe is this what you are doing?
Even if you hear nothing, it is probably still expecting a password to
be entered.

On 9/7/05, Aisling <ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie> wrote:

> Following on from my below email, things have taken another bizarre twist……
>

> I have continued getting the error when 2092 tries to listen to messages by
> dialing 9999.
>

> --Executing VoiceMailMain ("SIP/2092-6918", "2092") in new stack
>
> --Playing 'vm-password' (language 'en')
>
> WARNING: app_voicemail.c:4922 vm_authentication: Unable to read password.
>

> Then I decided to plug out my BT100 and left it plugged out for a few hours.
> When I plugged it back in and dialed 9999  for voicemail, bizarrely I could
> hear the voicemail main menu and was prompted for a password. When I entered
> the password, I was able to listen to the messages…..This is what appeared
> on the Asterisk console
>

> --Executing VoiceMailMain ("SIP/2092-6918", "2092") in new stack
>
> --Playing 'vm-password' (language 'en')
>
> --Incorrect password '1234' for user '2092' <context = <any>)     //here I
> entered the incorrect password 1234
>
> --Playing 'vm-incorrect' (language 'en')
>
> --Playing 'vm-password' (language 'en')
>
> --Incorrect password '1234' for user '2092' <context = <any>)     //again
> here I entered the incorrect password 1234
>
> --Playing 'vm-incorrect' (language 'en')
>
> --Playing 'vm-password' (language 'en')
>
>  Unable to create lock file
> '/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/from-sip/2092/Old/': No such
> file or directory
>
> Unable to create lock file
> '/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/from-sip/2092/Old/': No such
> file or directory
>
> Unable to create lock file
> '/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/from-sip/2092/INBOX/': No
> such file or directory
>
> Unable to create lock file
> '/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/from-sip/2092/INBOX/': No
> such file or directory
>
> -- Playing 'vm-youhave' (language 'en') …….//here I entered the correct
> password and heard that I had no messages
>
> -- Playing 'vm-no' (language 'en')
>
> -- Playing 'vm-messages' (language 'en')
>
> --Playing 'vm-opts' (language 'en')
>

> But then to add another twist, I hung up the phone and dialed 9999 again.
> This time it didn't work and I got the same old error as before. I tried
> plugging out the phone again but it did not make a difference.
>

> Does anyone know what those extra messages on the console mean or how I can
> solve this? I am obviously missing something important – How do I get it?
>

> Many Thanks.

Automated Signature: This message is from Flobi of Flobi.com.
Visit my website if you like: http://www.flobi.com/

Please remember to tip your waitress and bartender.  They are doing
their best to serve you and your indignant, malcontent attitude.