[Asterisk-Users] Which Linux distribution?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Wed Sep 7 03:42:38 MST 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:10:05AM +0100, John Daragon wrote:
> YT Lim wrote:
> >We have tried Asterisk 1.0.9 on FC4 and have never
> >been able to get CAPI (with Fritz card, fcpci) to work
> >properly. Apart from that Asterisk works fine in
> >switching internal calls. But it's useless if we can't
> >make outgoing calls on our ISDN line.
> >
> >We are considering abandoning FC4 for Debian or SuSe.
> >What is the general concensus on the best Linux to run
> >Asterisk with CAPI?
>
> SUSE (as far as I know) is the only distro that really *expects* you to
> be using ISDN2e as a matter of course.

"Only Linux distro that" is generally something that is a bit hasty to
say, given the fact that there are so many of them ;-) .

Mandrake is quite Europe-centric as well. I'm not sure about ISDN
support.

Debian has generally a large european installed base and a variety of
ISDN-related packages as a result.

Sorry, I won't make your life easier :-p