[Asterisk-Users] Channalized T1 and PRI with Asterisk

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Sep 5 15:09:04 MST 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Ben Brown wrote:

> So the only difference with PRI is caller ID? What I am trying to
> determine is if the PRI has enough advantages to give up the voice
> channel used by the D channel. For what I am doing, caller ID is not
> necessarily that important for my application.

The PRI signalling is more robust than any of the alternatives (except
SS7). Call setup is faster, you can get DID, caller id and much better
error reporting from the pstn.

I would recommend against CAS or analoge connectes whenever isdn is
available.

> Can Asterisk choose the context based upon the CallerID with a PRI?

Yes, this can be acclomplished in the dialplan.

Peter