[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 upgrades

Harald Klein hari at vt100.at
Mon Sep 5 12:45:11 MST 2005

Am 5.9.2005 schrieb "Sascha Ferley" <Sascha.Ferley at infineon.net>:

>Hi,

Hi there,

>The problem I get is that when trying to upgrade I see on the tftplog that
>it can't seem to find the file (8 character issue).

dunno about your 8 char issue.. use a sane os ;)

>It seems to stall going no-where .. Any one successfully upgraded the phones
>from default?

yes.

> What are any of the specifics. With the 5x series do I need
> the P003-05 in the OS79XX.TXT file or still the P0S3 ?

hari at neuromancer:~$ more /tftpboot/OS79XX.TXT.53
P0S3-05-3-00
hari at neuromancer:~$ more /tftpboot/OS79XX.TXT.60
P0S3-06-0-00
hari at neuromancer:~$ more /tftpboot/OS79XX.TXT
P003-07-4-00

>Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do? I can't seem to get the pre 5x
>versions of the software any more. Seems with my contract I can only
>downgrade to 5x series. All that shows on the Cisco CCO site.

hmm, i can see all the files on the cco.. oldest is P0S30201.

scroll down ;)
and read the cisco documentation. its fine. should explain all your
firmware/loader issues..

much phun,

Hari