[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 upgrades

Sascha Ferley Sascha.Ferley at infineon.net
Mon Sep 5 12:19:40 MST 2005

Hi,

I got a problem of having to upgrade 35 Cisco 7960 phones from default
firmware of 3.1 to 7.5.
The problem I get is that when trying to upgrade I see on the tftplog that
it can't seem to find the file (8 character issue).

So I renamed the files to suit what is supposed to be in them.

I am trying incremental upgrades from 3.1 -> 5.3 -> 7.5, with no luck. It
goes to Upgrading Software and sits there endlessly redownloading the same
file.

It seems to stall going no-where .. Any one successfully upgraded the phones
from default? What are any of the specifics. With the 5x series do I need
the P003-05 in the OS79XX.TXT file or still the P0S3 ?

Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do? I can't seem to get the pre 5x
versions of the software any more. Seems with my contract I can only
downgrade to 5x series. All that shows on the Cisco CCO site.

Please let me know

Thanks

Sascha