[Asterisk-Users] Billing - Disable accounts when balance gets 0 value

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 01:54:19 MST 2005

>This billing is also able to set accounts balance and for each call. Now I
>need to disable accounts which balance gets a determined value. I was
>thinking on changing account pass for that specif account which we need to
>disable. And then in the sip.com reload info.
>
>Can you help me with new (new ways for doing so) or programing ideas too
>once billing server has not the same public IP than Asterisk server. I ll
>appreciate your comments ok.

I use ser+radius to do authentication, this way I can disable users or
groups of users in a "standard" way, without using tricks like changing
passwords.
(when your customer pays he expect to have the same password as before,
have you saved it ? where ? in a safe way ?)
radius has a mysql backend, so also no need to reload config files.
Asterisk and radius share the same db, with some not-too-complex agi
before the actual Dial you can do stuff like setting the call timeout
based on the remaining credit, blocking the call if the credit is too
much in the red, and so on...