[Asterisk-Users] Re: ztdummy and Linux 2.6.13-rc7

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Sep 4 17:20:32 MST 2005

Tony Mountifield wrote:

>In article <43121C89.9090702 at drdos.info>,
>Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
>

>>Anybody having issues with ztdummy under the current 2.6 RC7?  I get the
>>following errors when trying to modprobe ztdummy:
>>
>>"Unable to register zaptel rtc driver"
>>
>>Doing a Google on the error shows reference to a message from 2004 that
>>said you might not have RTC compiled into the kernel.  Checking via:
>>
>>cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.13-rc7
>>grep -i rtc .config
>>
>>shows:
>>
>>CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
>>CONFIG_RTC=m
>>CONFIG_GEN_RTC=m
>>CONFIG_GEN_RTC_X=y
>>CONFIG_HPET_RTC_IRQ=y
>>CONFIG_SENSORS_RTC8564=m
>>CONFIG_SND_RTCTIMER=m
>>

>>Any suggestions?
>>

>rtc and genrtc are alternatives to each other.
>
>Make sure that the rtc module is loaded, and *not* genrtc.
>
>ztdummy is not compatible with genrtc, only with rtc.

I had time tonight to try this.  Under Linux 2.6.13 final.  Looking at
make menuconfig shows that both Generic /dev/rtc emulation and Enhanced
Real Time Clock support

Removing one and enabling the other, compiling and recompiling zaptel:

make clean;make linux26 make install (udev rules in place)

I am unable to do a modprobe ztdummy without the above error.  Any
others running Linux 2.6.13 and successfully using ztdummy for timing?

Doug