[Asterisk-Users] Option 1 in IVR menu

Sun Sep 4 15:38:35 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 14:09 -0700, Adrian A wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to setup a simple IVR menu in a context in extensions.conf.
> So far, I have:
> extension s for playing back the menu
> # to repeat it
> * for directory
> 0 for operator
> 1 which goes to another context:  exten => 1,1,GoTo(option_1,s,1)
>
> Here is what I have in extensions.conf:
>
> [incoming]
>
> ; main greeintg
> exten => s, 1, Ringing
> exten => s, 2, Wait(10)
> exten => s, 3, NoOp()
> exten => s, 4, Answer
> exten => s, 5, Playback(silence/1)
> exten => s, 6, Background(a2)
> exten => s, 7, Background(b)
> exten => s, 8, WaitExten(20)
> exten => s, 9, Hangup
>
> ; repeats the message
> exten => #,1,Goto(s,6)
>
> ;Operator
> exten => 0,1,Macro(stdexten,302)
>
> ; Dial extension
> exten => 1,1,Goto(option_1,s,1)  ; this one is delayed
> exten => 2,1,Goto(option_1,s,1)  ; this one is executed immediately
>
> ;Directory
> exten => *,1,Directory(default)
>
> exten => t,1,Goto(s7)
> exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)
>

> The problem is that when user presses 1, there's a delay before the
> action Goto is executed (I'm assuming delay is caused by some
> timeout).  All other options work fine, if I use 2 or any other
> number

You must have additional lines in that context that you haven't shown
us, therefore we can't really help you. In any case, it is because some
other extension *might* be matched, so asterisk is waiting for more
digits, after the timeout, it decides to just process what it has, and
follows your goto.

ie, you have something like this:

exten => 1,1,Goto(context,s,1)
exten => 1123,1,Playback(test)

Remember that even included contexts will be looked into... and also
there are patterns that might match like:
exten => _1X.,1,Playback(test)

Regards,
Adam