[Asterisk-Users] Option 1 in IVR menu

Adrian A adrianvoip at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:09:00 MST 2005

Hi all,
I'm trying to setup a simple IVR menu in a context in extensions.conf. So
far, I have:
extension s for playing back the menu
# to repeat it
* for directory
0 for operator
1 which goes to another context: exten => 1,1,GoTo(option_1,s,1)

Here is what I have in extensions.conf:

[incoming]

; main greeintg
exten => s, 1, Ringing
exten => s, 2, Wait(10)
exten => s, 3, NoOp()
exten => s, 4, Answer
exten => s, 5, Playback(silence/1)
exten => s, 6, Background(a2)
exten => s, 7, Background(b)
exten => s, 8, WaitExten(20)
exten => s, 9, Hangup

; repeats the message
exten => #,1,Goto(s,6)

;Operator
exten => 0,1,Macro(stdexten,302)

; Dial extension
exten => 1,1,Goto(option_1,s,1) ; this one is delayed
exten => 2,1,Goto(option_1,s,1) ; this one is executed immediately

;Directory
exten => *,1,Directory(default)

exten => t,1,Goto(s7)
exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)

The problem is that when user presses 1, there's a delay before the action
Goto is executed (I'm assuming delay is caused by some timeout). All other
options work fine, if I use 2 or any other number instead of 1 for that
action, it also works fine - the Goto gets executed immediately.
I do get the standard "NOTICE[11563]: rtp.c:281 process_rfc3389: Comfort
noise support incomplete in Asterisk (RFC 3389). Please turn off on client
if possible." when user presses a key.
So what is so special about sending DTMF key 1 and how can I get around it?