[Asterisk-Users] FW: Asterisk@home - requesting help on oh323, ISDN BRI and iConnectHere DID

AbdelRahman Tarzi artarzi at batelco.com.bh
Sun Sep 4 03:03:50 MST 2005

I know almost nothing linux, and don't really know that much about Asterisk
(proper).. but I was 'pulled' by this subject and grabbed an
<mailto:Asterisk at home> Asterisk at home installation CD (version 1.3) and just
went with it. Newbie doesn't quite describe it, I'm a banker.. this simply
goes to show how easy Asterisk is becoming (I certainly hope this direction
was meant to be inviting to people like me).

I've been at this for a little over three weeks now. I've researched these
topics but have not found satisfactory answers to the following: If there
are places where an answer could be found, I'd appreciate some pointer(s).

oh323
Once it (oh323) was installed, I was able to dialout from an h323 device
with little problem. I have not, however, been able to setup the h323 device
as an extension (or use it to communicate with other h323 devices, or
through it to the pstn.. I was confused because in creating an extension (or
a trunk) in Asterisk at home there was nothing to indicate that h323 was
"available". The dropdown in extension creation does not include oh323 (or
some such) item.
I need a clue as to how to setup an extension and how to setup a trunk
(using an h323 device that is).

ISDN
Could someone please tell me whether the AVM Fritz card is a "low pain"
solution to connecting to a BRI ? I've tried connecting an ASUS card
(doesn't work with the available drivers/application) so I'm really asking
in order to buy. I only have one BRI - this is at home) so would appreciate
any help.

iConnectHere
>From day one, I was able to create the trunk to dialout of iConnectHere, but
despite finding several claimed correct settings for receiving its DID, I've
not been able to. When I connect a Grandstream 101 to the line and power it
up, it has absolutely no problem receiving calls from that DID but no matter
what I try, I'm unable to receive into Asterisk (@home) .. Just so we're
clear, I am receiving calls from fwd and through fwd from an ipkall number..
and I'm also recieving calls from the FXO on a sipura spa3k.. - iConnectHere
don't help more than point to the wiki .. (and what I find there doesn't
work).

Just a note to describe my handicap with linux:
I'm unable to capture a log (or perhaps it's captured and I'm just not aware
where)..
Asterisk at home seems to dialout and receive calls using Macros.. I suspect
it's a clever way of managing the setup, but I'm not sure where the various
portions of SIP.conf, extensions.conf, extensions_additional.conf,
extensions_custom.conf or indeed oh323.conf. - are relevant.

I mention this because I realize no one will be able to help my "specific"
problems unless I put up the confs.. but I have not added anything related
to oh323 at all (excepting working on oh323.conf which is not meaningful
since I have no mention of the extensions or trunks of h323 devices in the
files.. and my iConnectHere 'setup' for the DID is only one of a dozen or so
tries.. (which all don't work) ..

ANY help would be appreciaated with these issues.