[Asterisk-Users] Distortion/crackling/skipping problems on outgoing calls -- please help!!!

Robert Geller robert at worksofmagic.com
Sat Sep 3 14:27:41 MST 2005

Brian Capouch wrote:

> Robert Geller wrote:
>

>> Wow, very interesting. Thank you so much! BTW, regarding YMMV, did
>> you have a separate, dedicated sound card? I don't -- it's integrated
>> into my motherboard. Would this still apply? Of course, there are
>> still ports in the back for in, out, and a mic, so it may still
>> apply, but my Ethernet card is way down on the second-to-last PCI
>> port, so would this still apply?
>>
>> Again, thanks very much for your support, and if you think this may
>> still apply to my setup, I will definitely try what you recommended.
>

> Check what you get when you "cat /proc/interrupts"
>
> If you can get hold of a hardphone to play with, and it works just
> fine when it's on the same switch as the computer, then I would be
> tempted even further to suspect an interrupt-related problem as your
> culprit.
>
> B.

What should I be looking for in /proc/interrupts? If the first field in
each row is the IRQ, I don't see any of the same numbers listed, so
would that mean there are no conflicts?

Earlier, I ordered a GXP-2000, which will hopefully ship from Voxilla on
Tuesday, so that will be a very good indicator of just what my problem
is, I think.

However, in the meantime, I *really* would like to get this figured out!
Leaving problems unfixed, to me, is simply a non-option.

Thank you very much, again!

Regards,
Robert