[Asterisk-Users] newbie install problem. And I already searchedeverywhere!

Werner Johansson wj at xnk.nu
Sat Sep 3 09:04:08 MST 2005

> When startin * it tells me:
> ================================
> [chan_zap.so] => (Zapata Telephony w/PRI)
> == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
> Sep 3 17:21:59 DEBUG[1076873856]: chan_zap.c:1208 update_conf: Updated
> conferencing on 1, with 0 conference users
> -- Registered channel 1, PRI Signalling signalling
> Sep 3 17:21:59 DEBUG[1076873856]: chan_zap.c:1208 update_conf: Updated
> conferencing on 2, with 0 conference users
> -- Registered channel 2, PRI Signalling signalling
> -- Automatically generated pseudo channel
> == Starting D-Channel on span 1
..snip..
> and my zapata.conf is:
> =======================
> [channels]
> switchtype = euroisdn
>
> ; p2mp TE mode
> signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
>
> ; p2p TE mode
> ;signalling = bri_cpe
> ; p2mp NT mode
> ;signalling = bri_net_ptmp
> ; p2p NT mode
> signalling = bri_net
>
> pridialplan = national
> prilocaldialplan = local
> nationalprefix = 0
> internationalprefix = 00
>
> echocancel=yes
> echotraining = 100
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
>
> immediate=yes
> group = 1
> context=incoming
> channel => 1-2

This configuration looks strange. You know that the "channel" word sets
those channels to the "latest" settings above, right? The syntax is a bit
weird. That means that your signalling looks odd - first you set it to
bri_cpe_ptmp and then to bri_net, meaning that bri_net overrides the
previous setting. I'm a bit confused about the PRI signalling here, it looks
like you're using a BRI card, so why pridialplan? I haven't played around
with BRI equipment together with Asterisk (yet) so maybe the PRI signalling
should be there..

What is ztcfg -vv giving as output if you run it?

/Werner