[Asterisk-Users] FW: defunct email kill list

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Sep 2 11:12:16 MST 2005

Dean Collins [Dean at collins.net.pr] wrote:
> (Article auto-converted from unnecessary HTML to nice plain text.)
>
> Is there an email address that we can forward 'defunct' emails like the
> one below to so that they can be taken off the mailing list. I appreciate
> it means work for someone but this email is probably being sent out to
> 400 'original' posters a day if that makes sense.
>
> It could also be the email address that we forward "out of office"
> emails to that could automatically suspend them for a period of time.
>
> You could probably automate the service but wouldn’t be hard to have
> a person read the email, copy the address and paste it into a webpage.
> Just a thought.

It seems to me that an automated solution to this problem would leave
itself open to abuse.  A moderated system would have to be monitored
by someone, and that would seem to be far too much of a chore.

You'll probably find that people with the appropriate access will
unsubscribe or suspend accounts that send them OoO messages anyway,
without further prompting from other subscribers.

Perhaps your proposed auto-unsubscribe feature should be reserved for
people who insist upon sending HTML emails and/or lazily top-posting
their followups. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz