[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 1001 Adapter with two lines using one RG11 jack

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Thu Sep 1 06:12:33 MST 2005

Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've Sipura 1001 phone adapter. In the settings it has separate Line 1
> and Line 2 tabs, which apparently means it can control two separate
> phone lines. I've Asterisk at Home server and want to setup two different
> extensions for two phones, i.e. 201 and 202. After doing all this, I
> can see in Info tab that both lines are registered but only one phone
> gets the dials tone. Am I doing something wrong or this adapter
> doesn't support this feature of two separate lines?

The SPA1001 only has one fxs port. You can only have one phone attached.
Sipura has the concept of Virtual Services Port:

*Application Note:*
The SPA-1001 supports the Sipura VSP feature. VSP stands for "Virtual
Services Port." With VSP, users can configure the SPA-1001 to register
with two independent VoIP services. Inbound calls can be alerted using a
distinctive ring and outbound calls are supported using a configurable
dialed access code, e.g. 9 or #. A conversation with a party on VoIP
service #1 can be conferenced with a party on VoIP service #2 by simply
using the three-way conferencing feature on the SPA-1001.

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com