[Asterisk-Users] One way echo canceling?

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Sep 1 08:42:25 MST 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:46:37PM -0400, Doug Lytle wrote:
> When there is a call on zap 1, from a sip phone on the remote office
> side and typing 'zap show channel 1'  shows echo cancel is on, doing the
> same thing from the Definity to a SIP phone shows echo cancel off.
> Shouldn't it be on during a call on both the incoming and outgoing legs
> as long as it comes accross the PRI?  Some (Myself included) have noted
> a slight echo on the Definity to SIP leg of the connection.
>
> My zapata.conf is below:
>
> switchtype = national
> context = incoming
> signalling = pri_cpe
> echocancel=yes
> echotraining = yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> overlapdial = yes
> group = 1
> channel => 1-23

I have not seen it myself, but I have heard that some people have ahd trouble with
overlapdial and echo cancellation.  I have not been able to confirm whether or not
this is actually a bug.  One possible fix is to disable overlapdial and see if echo
cancellation is enabled after this.  If it is, this might be a bug in chan_zap.c

--
Matthew Fredrickson