[Asterisk-Users] /etc/init.d/asterisk barfing

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Sep 1 08:42:08 MST 2005

service zaptel start|stop works fine for me.

service asterisk start does not

[root at foxtrot res]# service asterisk start
Starting asterisk:                                         [  OK  ]
[root at foxtrot res]# service asterisk status
asterisk dead but pid file exists
[root at foxtrot res]#

This is on a up-to-date CentOS 4 box. The service command *was* working
before I tried to install 1.2beta :(

Julian.