[Asterisk-Users] Connecting Asterisk to a Toshiba Strata system

Araba, Michael maraba at QuikCAT.com
Thu Sep 1 07:05:15 MST 2005

I have a Digital Toshiba Strata PBX with an IP Card (Model BIPU-M2A) that
supports 16 connections and I want to Integrate Asterisk via this card but I
found out it supports MEGACO+(I believe share a lot with MGCP). I am not
sure how to go forward with this.  (Note: The proprietary IP Phones work via
this card)

I am familiar with with IAX, SIP but no MGCP but If anyone has any idea I am
willing to study it.

Can anyone help me? I also need clarification a statement I read somewhere
that Asterisk is Call Agent not and a User Agent when it comes to MGCP

Thanks,

Michael A.