[Asterisk-Users] Help setting up trunk on AAH

Zeeshan Zakaria zeeshan at acabling.com
Thu Sep 1 05:05:02 MST 2005

Hi everybody,

I've proxy server IP, user ID and password. Now I need to connect to a
remote Asterisk server as a SIP using my Asterisk @ Home box. That
Asterisk server will make PSTN calls for me. I think I am making mistake
while setting up the Trunk because when trying to make calls, it give
all circuits are busy error. When I setup Sipura adapter, which is
relatively easier to setup, everything goes smooth.

I have following configuration in AAH:

Outbound Caller ID: My name and number
Maximum channels: 1

Dial Rules: empty
Outbound Dial Prefix: empty

Trunk Name: Outbound Trunk
Peer Details:
host=IP of the other asterisk
secret=1111
type=friend
username=1096773

User Context: empty
User Details: empty

Registration String: userID at IP of other asterisk server:password

Please tell me what I need to do so that I can make calls from my AAH
this trunk asterisk server

Thanks

Zeeshan