[Asterisk-Users] Release of Asterisk 1.2

Leif Madsen asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:49:59 MST 2005

On 10/31/05, gorand at dvvti.com <gorand at dvvti.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know where the official release of Asterisk 1.2 is? Do we have
> a time-frame of when this version will be released and how much longer it
> will be in BETA.

This question was answered *yesterday* by Mr. Olle E. Johansson:

And I quote, "The quick answer is: When it's ready for release.

Open Source software doesn't really follow a set agenda. We have been in
code freeze for quite a while, fixing bugs. A lot of people are testing
the 1.2 beta and reporting bugs. Fewer people, but dedicated people,
work with fixing bugs. When the developer team feel we have a stable
beta out and no known severe bugs are reported and unresolved, you will
see a new release.

>From the number of open bugs in the bug tracker that are not new cool
features for 1.3, I would say: SOON :-)

A big thank you to all community members that has been testing 1.2 beta
1 and will test beta 2 with even more energy! Stay tuned.

/Olle"

More information here: http://www.voip-forum.com/?p=176&more=1

I expect a beta 2 to be out soon as well.

--
Leif Madsen - http://www.leifmadsen.com
http://www.asteriskdocs.org -- Co-Founder