[Asterisk-Users] How to remove a VM greeting - go back to default Allison message

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Mon Oct 31 08:09:24 MST 2005

Brent Torrenga wrote:
> So within the /var/lib/sounds/voicemail structure are the greeting files
> recorded by the person at each extension (busy.wav, greet.wav). If I need to
> get rid of the customized recording, it is trivial to simply delete both of
> those files. At that point, if a call goes to voicemail, then Allison will
> simply say "extension blahblah is not available, leave a message". That is
> exactly what I want to have happen.
>
> However, at some point after deleting busy.wav and greet.wav, asterisk will
> magically (?) generate two new wav files, that are full of silence. What is
> going on here, and how do I get the behavior I am looking for?

Along these same lines, is it possible to have each person just record
their name, then have busy or unavailable setup so that what the caller
would hear is "me_saying_my_name" then
"allison_saying_is_unavailable/busy".  Each user should be able to
record their name instead of a complete busy or unavailable message.

Darrick

--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC