[Asterisk-Users] How to remove a VM greeting - go back to default Allison message

Brent Torrenga lists at torrenga.com
Mon Oct 31 07:46:41 MST 2005

So within the /var/lib/sounds/voicemail structure are the greeting files
recorded by the person at each extension (busy.wav, greet.wav). If I need to
get rid of the customized recording, it is trivial to simply delete both of
those files. At that point, if a call goes to voicemail, then Allison will
simply say "extension blahblah is not available, leave a message". That is
exactly what I want to have happen.

However, at some point after deleting busy.wav and greet.wav, asterisk will
magically (?) generate two new wav files, that are full of silence. What is
going on here, and how do I get the behavior I am looking for?

Sincerely,

Brent A. Torrenga
brent.torrenga at torrenga.com

Torrenga Engineering, Inc.