[Asterisk-Users] lilte help please

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Mon Oct 31 01:16:51 MST 2005

On Mon, October 31, 2005 8:40, KARIM MOUSLI said:
> hello evryone
>
> can somone help me get asterisk to work with outgoing calls to a voip
> operator
>
> i have tried many stings, but i cant triger the outgoing calls, calls on
> the same pbx are working fine
>
> what did i mis out ?
>
> in advance thanks  :)
>
> _________________

To start with, is your firewall setup for the correct data streams (IAX2
or SIP and RTP)?

Also what VOIPSP are you using?

Also, to be able to tell what you missed, we'd need to know what you DID
do, but starting with the VOIP SP we should be able to gove you more
hints...  ;-)

I succeeded this weekend (after correcting the IAX protocol type from TCP
to UDP, D'oh!) in setting up outbound with FWD, VoipBuster and GoIAX, all
IAX2 enabled providers (I greatly prefer IAX2 over SIP due to the greater
ease of configuring the firewall. Mine specifically supports SIP and H323
monitoring, and it still gives a huge headache!) So it can definately be
done!

Good luck!

Gopod luck!

--