[Asterisk-Users] DTMF recognition unreliable or absent, ringing lost on 2nd half of "3-way" call.

Ryan asterisk-users at mandrake.us
Sun Oct 30 21:43:11 MST 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 08:21:42PM -0800, trixter aka Bret McDanel exclaimed:

<snip>
>Odds are they wont, they only recently let you use direct from them to
>you via SIP rather than going only through free world dialup.  They are
>clear on  their page they are free and they dont give support for their
>stuff (its free why should they, you want support pay for it with
>someone else :)

Agreed ;-)

>As I am starting a provider that gives free service I agree with this,
>you do actually get what you pay for.  The only difference is that I am
>doing outbound (right now anyway) and have about 30 countries.
>http://www.trxtel.com/ - its in beta testing right now so the web page
>may appear to be slow, it will all be moved before it goes live though.

Site seemed fast to me. So I know the story behind goIAX and why they
offer free service, but why/how can you provide free service? I only
ask out of curiosity (seems like an expensive venture). I thought about
helping goIAX out and writing a simple invitation system but I've hardly
had time.