[Asterisk-Users] Speaking of echo canceling...

Dave Grey lydanynom at mac.com
Sun Oct 30 21:18:55 MST 2005

On Oct 30, 2005, at 10:12 PM, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On 10/31/05 05:56 Andrew Kohlsmith said the following:
>
>> No.  There is no need because IP<-->IP calls are what is known as
>> "four wire circuits" -- there is no mixing of the received audio
>> and the send audio, and thus zero need for an echo canceller.  You
>> only need echo cancellation when you go from a 4-wire circuit to a
>> two-wire circuit.
>>

> which is sometimes the case when echo results from the handset mics
> of the IP hardphones. the phone's ec mechanism doesnt always work,
> and customers are wont to blame the ip pbx instead of the phones.
>
> --

Well, just in case I did not communicate this well in my original
post, I am 100% clear on the fact that it a problem with the phones/
ATAs.  I was not blaming the PBX, I was only hoping for a way solve
the problem using it, since the phones and the IAXys I have them
plugged into offer me no method to fix the problem at the source.

lyd