[Asterisk-Users] Re: feature usage/digit detection

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Oct 30 09:36:28 MST 2005

On Sunday 30 October 2005 11:13, Bill Michaelson wrote:
> Indeed, I do have the "tT" options in the dial command.  This is because I
> thought this would enable the use of the '#' for transfers, and it works
> satisfactorily.  I also have various '*N' definitions in features.conf, but
> these don't work.  I suppose I do have to rethink my strategy as you've
> suggested, but I don't know how to have my cake and eat it.. (?)

That's exactly what the 't' and 'T' options do, just make sure you are using
the right one, I find it almost NEVER desireable to have both.  'T' allows
the calling user to transfer with '#', 't' allows the called user to do so.
if you're dialing between extensions in an office, you want both, but most
other times you want one or the other.

If I'm not mistaken only 'pbx' threads can make use of the other features in
features.conf.  tT is only for features in the [featuremap] section of
features.conf.  I think.  (blind/attended transfers, call record, disconnect,
etc.)

I think.  :-)

-A.