[Asterisk-Users] VoiceMailMain() in 1.2-beta

David Bandel david.bandel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 08:02:24 MST 2005

Solved.

On 10/30/05, trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 09:03 -0500, David Bandel wrote:
> > Pointers to the correct FM to RTFM appreciated.  Need to incorporate
> > the usual "press 3 to delete, 7 to save, 9 to skip to the next
> > message" prompts.  (Odd no examples in the extension.conf.samples for
> > this.)
>
> Well www.asteriskdocs.org has the orielly asterisk book that was just
> published.  If you wana read docs off that site or the orielly book
> there is a good start.

Have the OReilley book.  Also the new 1.2 book from asteriskdocs.org.

> www.voip-info.org is also another good resource to do some reading.  If
> you
> google: asterisk cmd voicemailmain
> you will see a link as the first item or very near it to voip-info.org
> that has the correct page there for you.

thanx for the link.  Good info here.

> As for why its not working, have you tried using the CLI and seeing if
> there are any messages displayed when you dial in?  My guess is that
> there is either a permission problem or missing sounds or something, but
> I dont have enough information to say.

using the CLI in -vvvv mode showed the problem.  Apparently, I can't
spell (or I can, but when I was typing, I transposed two letters and
made it vm-recieved vice vm-received).

Perhaps a good enhancement would be a syntax checker for the various
.conf files.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
            - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto