[Asterisk-Users] Echo canceller on TE406 & Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Oct 27 19:06:38 MST 2005

Boris Bakchiev wrote:

> I enabled echo cancellation in Zapata.conf to see if I can improve the
> situation and users started reporting "warping bubble" (description I
> got from one of the users) sound on calls from PABX->Asterisk->PRI (and
> other way).
>
> I was expecting that asterisk would disable its echo cancellation once
> it find on-board module.

If you have 'echocancel=no' in zapata.conf, then there is no echo
cancellation, software or hardware.

If you have 'echocancel=yes', then there is echo cancellation. If you
have hardware available, it will use it, otherwise it will be done in
software.

I suspect you had the hardware echo canceller disabled without realizing it.