[Asterisk-Users] Echo canceller on TE406 & Asterisk

Boris Bakchiev boris at jildent.com.au
Thu Oct 27 19:01:34 MST 2005

Hi,

I have TE406P (2nd gen card with echo cancellation on-board).
We still notice quite often echo on our PBX that is connected to one of
the spans on TE406P (with calls routers to PRI provider on another
span).

I've tried to experiment with the echo cancellation on asterisk.

I enabled echo cancellation in Zapata.conf to see if I can improve the
situation and users started reporting "warping bubble" (description I
got from one of the users) sound on calls from PABX->Asterisk->PRI (and
other way).

I was expecting that asterisk would disable its echo cancellation once
it find on-board module.

The strange thing I noticed that after system reboot things are now
better.
Although I cannot say for sure because the system was ever rebooted 2
times.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Has anyone had similar problems?
Or point me into right direction for troubleshooting?

Regards
Boris