[Asterisk-Users] TDM01B vs. X100P

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:03:32 MST 2005

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but I have not been
able to find an answer by searching the web.

I would like to add an FXO port or two to my Asterisk setup, and I am
wondering if there is any good reason to spend $120 on a TDM01B or $180 on a
TDM02B instead of paying $9.95 or $19.90 for one or two "new, genuine,
unopened" X100P cards on eBay.
I am not particularly worried about running out of PCI slots, as I don't
envision ever needing to add any other line cards to this machine. However,
if there is some kind of substantial quality compatibility difference
between the two cards, I would like to know about this before wasting (even
a small amount of) money on X100Ps.

Thanks,
Rusty