[Asterisk-Users] T1 Hardware Recommendations [ATTN: Digium marketing]

Kevin Bockman asterisk at wunderkin.com
Wed Oct 26 22:21:14 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Kevin Bockman wrote:
>
>> I agree on both points.  I'm not sure if anyone from Digium actually
>> reads the -users lists though.
Sorry, I shouldn't have said that.  I didn't mean it that way.  It all
blurs for me too.  I didn't think I ever saw you post to -users, but I
guess so!

> Yes, we do, and some of us even respond, even at 9:15PM while watching
> game 4 of the World Series :-)
hehe.. I heard that's where you were lurking.

> As far as the 3.3V vs 5V issue, that was purely a design choice; Sangoma
> boards have the same Xilinx FPGA providing their PCI interface that our
> boards do, but they chose to include some voltage-shifting buffers in
> between the PCI connector and the Xilinx part so that the board would be
> compatible with both I/O voltages. Digium chose not do to that (don't
> ask me why, I don't know).
That is a major selling point for me.  I still chose the Digium cards
though just to support Asterisk more.  I really think Digium should
support dual voltages.

> If the warranty issue is really a concern for you, please contact the
> Digium Sales department and make them aware of it.
That's not really a big deal for me.  Maybe bigger companies.

Kevin