[Asterisk-Users] T1 Hardware Recommendations [ATTN: Digium marketing]

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Oct 26 19:16:51 MST 2005

Kevin Bockman wrote:

> I agree on both points.  I'm not sure if anyone from Digium actually
> reads the -users lists though.

Yes, we do, and some of us even respond, even at 9:15PM while watching
game 4 of the World Series :-)

As far as the 3.3V vs 5V issue, that was purely a design choice; Sangoma
boards have the same Xilinx FPGA providing their PCI interface that our
boards do, but they chose to include some voltage-shifting buffers in
between the PCI connector and the Xilinx part so that the board would be
compatible with both I/O voltages. Digium chose not do to that (don't
ask me why, I don't know).

If the warranty issue is really a concern for you, please contact the
Digium Sales department and make them aware of it.