[Asterisk-Users] Question on callingpres and blocked numbers

Kevin Bockman asterisk at wunderkin.com
Wed Oct 26 22:17:28 MST 2005

Dave Grey wrote:
> I found this pretty interesting -- I didn't know that when you  blocked
> CID with *67 or per-line blocking that it went anywhere at  all.
> Apparently, IPKall (who I am using for DID) is doing this
> "unblocking."  I tested a couple of different numbers (A cellphone on  a
> network in Illinois and a POTS line on Verizon in PA) and IPKall  sent
> me the number for both even though *67 was dialed.  The  cellphone,
> belonging to a friend, also has per-line blocking enabled.
>
> Can anyone offer some more info on how of this works, or a pointer to
> some good documentation?
I worked for a company that uses Asterisk and did the same thing.  All
'blocked'
numbers actually showed the real CID :)  I don't know if they do that
anymore since I don't work there anymore and don't use the product.

This is just a feature of PRI service.  Of course all of the call info
is still available even if you 'block' it.  The call still has to be
traceable.  Magic huh?  I thought that was cool too the first time I
found out about it.

Kevin