[Asterisk-Users] asterisk using tdm400p has echo

Mark Quitoriano markquitoriano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 22:02:46 MST 2005

i tried doing the instruction from voip-info[1] anyway here's my comment
with that instruction.

when i tried doing /usr/src/zaptel/fxotune -i 4 it gives me this

Tuning module 1................Failure!
Tuning module 2................Failure!
Tuning module 3................Failure!
Tuning module 4................Failure!

how can i debug this? i look at my /var/log/messages and it gives me many of
this line

Oct 26 17:36:06 sloan kernel: — Set echo registers successfully
Oct 26 17:36:25 sloan kernel: — Setting echo registers:

I'm using AAH 1.5 stock no modifications. I think they're using versions
1.0.9 for all(e.g. asterisk, zaptel).

[1]http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page_id=2403<http://info.org/wiki/index.php?page_id=2403>

On 10/27/05, tmassey at obscorp.com <tmassey at obscorp.com> wrote:

> asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 10/26/2005 05:09:30 PM:
>
> > On Oct 26, 2005, at 3:40 PM, Mark Quitoriano wrote:
> >
> > > Hi list, i'm having a problem with asterisk+pstn termination, i just
> > > bought a TDM400p and connect my phone line(bellsouth) now when im
> > > using the pstn through asterisk there's an echo, i don't know if this
> > > is already have been resolved. If it does please point me to the
> > > instruction how to resolve this.
> >
> > Try reading README.fxotune and using fxotune to see if it improves it.
>
> If you do an fxotune and all of the coefficients are 0, does this mean
> that fxotune is not making any changes?
>
> I've got 6 lines that are coming from a channel bank into two TDM cards
> and have significant echo, even with Asterisk HEAD and KB1. I just ran
> fxotune, and all 6 lines came back with all 0's in fxotune.conf...
>
> Tim Massey

Regards,
Mark Quitoriano, CCNA
http://www.atamanetworks.com