[Asterisk-Users] 2-line phoneline

Paul Herman pherman at frenchfries.net
Wed Oct 26 09:17:14 MST 2005

Hi there,

This'll be an easy answer for a lot of you, just wanna make sure:

We ordered a 2 phone line package from SBC in Chicago (two numbers,
one main number), pretty basic & straigt forward.  The line to the
building is a four wire line with an RJ-11 connector.  We want to
connect both of these lines to a TDM400P with FXO modules.

Q:  First of all, is there one line per pair of wires, and m I
right in thinking that I have to break out / splice the two middle
wires from the two outside ones, and connect each pair to a
separate port on the TDM400P card?  (i.e pins 2,5 to pin 3,4 on one
port and pins 3,4 to pins 3,4 on the other port?)

i.e. the TDM400P can't span two channels on one port, correct?

Thanks,
-Paul.