[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on PPC Linux

Omkar Pandit omkar.pandit at softdel.com
Tue Oct 25 21:41:44 MST 2005

Hi,

I have a PPC architecture board with Linux running on top of it. I need to
get Asterisk running on it. I have the following questions:

1. What should be the version of Linux Kernel for running Asterisk? Also,
what utilities are required along with the kernel? Is BusyBox enough, since
I do not have any distribution as such?
2. What software should I have on the board along with Linux?
   Please add if I am missing anything.
   2.1 GCC version 3.0 or higher.
   2.2 C library headers.
   2.3 Headers and Libraries for OpenSSL and zlib.
   Is there anything else that I require?
3. What hardware do I require to see the working of Asterisk?
4. If I have 2 Laptop's with some softphones and this PPC board with
Asterisk. Then i connect them on LAN. Will I be able to see Asterisk
working?
5. Is there any Testsuite to test Asterisk? Is there any benchmarking
available?
6. Does asterisk have any processor dependent code? I mean any assembly
code? Will it build directly on PPC board using GCC?
7. What is the memory requirement for Asterisk?
8. Is there any port of Asterisk on any processor other than Intel?
9. If I have to map Asterisk to VOIP requirements, where do I see
Asterisk..in a VOPI terminal, gateway, gatekeeper, etc. If it can be suited
to any purpose, then how is it possible to configure Asterisk the way I
want?

Regards,
ORP.