[Asterisk-Users] PDA softphone....

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Oct 25 12:01:00 MST 2005

On Tue, October 25, 2005 20:27, pbx at itsngroup.com said:
> I have downloaded SJPhone - and well.. it does connect to my system,
> however popping audio is heard when i dial my music on hold extension...
>
> the quality is really really bad..
>
> i have a WLAN-SDIO utility, the signal strength is at 11mb/s. however. is
> that sufficient? The codecs for sjphone are fixed at 64000.. i could not
> change those values.
>
> has anyone had successful attempts with something better?
>
> Thanks...

Hello 'pbx'

<tongue mode="firmly in cheek">
Just wondering about two things...
1) What's your name? It's nicer to reply to someone by name...
2) What does this have to do with the thread in inter-asterisk
communications?
</tongue>

But seriously, we will need a bit more info, such as:
What version?
What platform?
What type of network? (PS: Signal strength is something in dBi or %,
11mbps is the speed of the connection, but is it the actual speed, or just
an indication of the type of network, ie 802.11b)
What codec are you using?
What config on the *?

Have you looked at <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+sjphone> ?

And please, next time start a new e-mail, and don't reply to an e-mail
from the list. It screws up e-mail threading in proper mail-clients. (Your
mail and my reply (and any others following) will be intermingled with
those from the 'How to configure the communication between two Asterisk
servers' thread)
Even deleting all old text and the subject won't change that, as the
threading is based on info in the headers or the e-mail you are replying
to... If you cannot remember the list-address, make it in to a 'contact'
for future use...   ;-)

Good luck!

--
Francesco Peeters