[Asterisk-Users] Re: Siemens HI-path to ASTERISK

huelbe_garcia at fastimap.com huelbe_garcia at fastimap.com
Tue Oct 25 09:59:13 MST 2005

Hi Pablo,

I really cannot forward the extension.conf due company rules. I am sorry.

However, you are in the right path. If you can dial Hi-Path's extensions
from Asterisk, you have 95% of the configuration done.

All you need to do is:
. enable on Hi-Path inter-trunk traffic. That is, traffic coming from a
trunk has permission to sent through other trunk.
. create an trunk access code so you can access the PSTN trunk from
Asterisk's trunk
. make Asterisk dial "trunk-access-code" + dialed destination.

Please note here we tried to use the "9" access code (actually in Brazil we
use widely 0 for outside call...) but we had some trouble, we had to create
a double-digit trunk access code (it was 87, 88, 89, each one for a trunk
from a different company).

Something I remembered now: Siemens has something called "block sent" and
"non-block send" configuration on ISDN trunk. It configures how digits show
be treated (I think it is in block or "one-by-one"... sorry if I am saying
non-senses here). You should try enable/disable this setting.

Talk to your Siemens guy and ask him how to do this "inter-trunk traffic
permission". It is used a lot when you are interconnecting PABX from
differentes brands (say Siemens + Alcatel). It also used when you have a
trunk from a Telco company and wants to re-route the phone call to other
destination using another Telco trunk.

-hg