[Asterisk-Users] Festival() works fine when I call from PSTN and not when I call from XLite... What's going on?

Leo Burd leob at media.mit.edu
Tue Oct 25 07:00:21 MST 2005

Hello there,

For some reason, Festival() works fine when I call from PSTN (via an IAX
connection that I've got from Voice Pulse), but does not produce any
sound when I call from my X-Lite SIP phone.  However, if I use text2wave
instead of Festival(), both my PSTN and my X-Lite connections seem to
work fine.  Does anyone know what is going on?

Note that the Festival server is being called in both cases without any
noticeable problems.

Thanks in advance for any lead,

Leo