[Asterisk-Users] Re: FCT-11M

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Tue Oct 25 06:13:33 MST 2005

Thank you.  After some reboots and repeated testing, I've refined my
observations.  The no-audio problem is gone (no explanation).  Through
further experimentation I've been able to observe a few consistent
things about behavior in its current condition...

The main problem seems to be related to disconnect signalling.  Simply
put, the channel didn't hang up after the GSM connection ends.  Instead,
I would hear a dial tone thru the bridged side of the call (it's not a
North American dialtone).  I considered changing the zone in
indications.conf, but that is system-wide, and probably inappropriate
because I have a Verizon POTS line too.  Then I tried putting
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes in zapata.conf and it worked - the call would
be torn down.  But...

...that introduced a new problem on outbound calling, because the
channel would hangup immediately upon remote answer.  So I added
answeronpolarityswitch=yes too, but it had no effect.  I also messed
around with polarityonanswerdelay= but I was operating in the dark and
it didn't help.

So I tried to load modules with debug options (zaptel, wctdm, wcfxo),
hoping to see more info about device behavior in realtime, but I see
nothing new in the message log.  But I'm kind of bumbling and stumbling
on that.  If anyone can offer more precise guidance, I'd be grateful.

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:24:21 -0700 From: "OTR Comm"
<otrcomm at isp-systems.net> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] GSM gateway for
Asterisk To: "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion"
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> Message-ID:
<003001c5d924$5aefeb50$fe01a8c0 at sirak> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1" I forwarded your note below to
sales at skymicrowave.com. I found some docas on the FCT-11M at their site,
but it was in Chinese, so I sent them your problem. Hope they will
respond to this list and maybe to you directly. Murrah Boswel -----
Original Message ----- From: "Bill Michaelson" <bill at cosi.com> To:
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 9:42 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] GSM gateway for Asterisk