[Asterisk-Users] iaxmodem

asterisk at frameweb.it asterisk at frameweb.it
Tue Oct 25 05:00:22 MST 2005

Now I have the file

/dev # dir ttyIAX
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           10 Oct 25 13:52 ttyIAX ->
/dev/pts/1

The file is now created when I start iasxmodem, and deleted when I quit the
app.

the result is the same, it is not able to write to the device

I am root, iaxmodem is running as root, asterisk is running as asterisk

Can I try to run iaxmodem as asterisk too, and change the owner to some
libraries from root to asterisk ?

Andrea

             trixter aka Bret
             McDanel
             <trixter at 0xdecafb                                          To
             ad.com>                   Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             Sent by:                  Non-Commercial Discussion
             asterisk-users-bo         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             unces at lists.digiu                                          cc
             m.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Asterisk-Users] iaxmodem
             25/10/2005 13.15

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 04:11 -0700, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 12:57 +0200, asterisk at frameweb.it wrote:
> > so it seems I am having trouble with device file, I think:
> >
> > Setting device = '/dev/ttyIAX'
> >
> > actually I don't have any '/dev/ttyIAX'
> >
> > Who should have created it ? How can I create it ?
> >
> > thanks in advance,Andrea
>
> At least it appears to be progress :)
>
> iaxmodem.c will create a device and symlink /dev/ttyIAX to it, or it
> should anyway.
>
> It does an openpty() to create the device entry.  This should just work.
> Does iaxmodem run with enough privs to write to /dev (most likely it
> needs to be root)

I wanted to correct myself, I said 'create' and it doesnt actualy create
it, it just attaches to an existing unused one.  Figured I should catch
it before someone else does :)

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378
(See attached file: signature.asc)
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: